MARKET LEADING CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR CABLE INSTALLATION STUDIES AND VESSEL MOBILISATIONS.
Our involvement in renewables has evolved since 2008, when we started providing services for cable installation contractors, and progressed such that we now use our knowledge of cable lay operations for the design of cable lay vessels.
Submarine Cable Installation Services
Longitude’s operational-focussed submarine cable installation services include skidding moorings, cable lay and pull, analysed in simulations using Orcaflex – the industry standard software applied to these operations.
Longitude has also developed its own tool for automating the pre- and post-processing of cable installation analyses, allowing us to handle an increasing number of environmental cases, as requested by the Marine Warranty Surveyors (MWS).
Hydrodynamic Analysis, Shipyard Support, Project Management
Our capabilities cover a wide range of disciplines, from hydrodynamic and structural design and analysis through to concept deck layouts and shipyard support and project management.
Such services include:
- Concept design and design specification for cable lay vessel conversions including stability, powering and motions response calculations, machinery selection and DP (dynamic positioning) system layout, basic design, shipyard selection, detailed design review and stability and DP2 FMEA documentation
- Hydrodynamic analyses for cable lay and pull in operations ranging from vessel skidding and survival mooring analyses to transportation and shallow water site-specific seakeeping RAOs analysis
- Cable lay analyses including quasi-static and full dynamic analyses
- Foreshore pull-in analyses
- 1st and 2nd end WTG/OSS cable pull in analyses
- Seabed stability analyses