We work with major installation contractors in the renewables sector, providing specialist engineering expertise to support all critical assets in an offshore wind farm throughout a wind farm’s lifecycle, from early feasibility studies, to offshore transportation and installation, through to operations and maintenance. Longitude’s expertise covers infrastructure assets such as: cables, substations, jackets, monopiles, transition pieces, towers, nacelles and blades racks.
Combined with LOC’s over 10 years of experience as a market leader in Marine Warranty Surveying in the installation of Offshore Wind Farms, Longitude brings an in-depth knowledge of Classification Society and MWS requirements that apply to the offshore wind market, and a superior track record of experience on wind farms across Europe, North America and AsiaPacific. This understanding and varied project experience allows us to find the right solutions for our clients from the early design and engineering stages, so as to avoid unnecessary daily in later construction phases.
With our sister company Innosea, we have further developed our in-house expertise in offshore wind farm installation, to cover innovative services in turbine engineering and foundations’ design and installation amongst other areas of the offshore wind sector.
Services we offer:
- Naval architecture services including: stability, motions, hydrodynamics, blade tip immersion, skidding and survival moorings, load outs and transportations for both cable and infrastructure installation jack-up vessels
- Structural design, analysis and 2D drawings and 3D modelling for vessel and marine operations ranging from global FEA to local seafastenings to meet Class and MWS requirements
- Permanent vessel conversions for cable lay / transportation / installation operations including: carousel integration, back deck layouts, accommodation blocks, mooring systems and DP conversions
- Temporary cable lay vessel mobilisations including structural services from carousel integrations through to concept deck layouts, design and seafastenings for cable handling equipment such as tensioners, diverters, chutes and shipyard support and project management to optimise the mobilisation process
- Site specific analysis of self-elevating platforms
- Operability studies for limiting sea state of marine operations
- Cable lay, pull-in and seabed stability Orcaflex analyses
- Foundations design and engineering
- Geotechnical and environmental engineering expertise for jack-ups