Welcome to ABL Group
ABL Group is a leading global independent energy and marine consultant working in energy and oceans to de-risk and drive the energy transition across renewables, maritime and oil and gas sectors. Based in more than 300 locations worldwide and consisting of the following group companies.
The energy and marine consultantsView Website
The offshore wind consultantsView Website
The marine renewables engineering and R&D consultantsView Website
The independent engineering, design and analysis consultantsView Website
The marine surveyor and risk consultantsView Website
The superyacht surveyors and consultantsView Website
East Point Geo
The geotechnical, geophysical and geological consultantsView Website
The ship design specialistsView Website
Wind Farm Installation
Longitude has been providing independent engineering and design consulting services for the construction of offshore wind farms since the early days of the offshore renewables sector.
Independent engineering and design
We work with major installation contractors in the renewables sector, providing specialist engineering expertise to support all critical assets in an offshore wind farm throughout a wind farm’s lifecycle, from early feasibility studies, to offshore transportation and installation, through to operations and maintenance. Longitude’s expertise covers infrastructure assets such as: cables, substations, jackets, monopiles, transition pieces, towers, nacelles and blades racks.
Combined with LOC’s over 10 years of experience as a market leader in Marine Warranty Surveying in the installation of Offshore Wind Farms, Longitude brings an in-depth knowledge of Classification Society and MWS requirements that apply to the offshore wind market, and a superior track record of experience on wind farms across Europe, North America and AsiaPacific. This understanding and varied project experience allows us to find the right solutions for our clients from the early design and engineering stages, so as to avoid unnecessary daily in later construction phases.
With our sister company Innosea, we have further developed our in-house expertise in offshore wind farm installation, to cover innovative services in turbine engineering and foundations’ design and installation amongst other areas of the offshore wind sector.
Services we offer:
- Naval architecture services including: stability, motions, hydrodynamics, blade tip immersion, skidding and survival moorings, load outs and transportations for both cable and infrastructure installation jack-up vessels
- Structural design, analysis and 2D drawings and 3D modelling for vessel and marine operations ranging from global FEA to local seafastenings to meet Class and MWS requirements
- Permanent vessel conversions for cable lay / transportation / installation operations including: carousel integration, back deck layouts, accommodation blocks, mooring systems and DP conversions
- Temporary cable lay vessel mobilisations including structural services from carousel integrations through to concept deck layouts, design and seafastenings for cable handling equipment such as tensioners, diverters, chutes and shipyard support and project management to optimise the mobilisation process
- Site specific analysis of self-elevating platforms
- Operability studies for limiting sea state of marine operations
- Cable lay, pull-in and seabed stability Orcaflex analyses
- Foundations design and engineering
- Geotechnical and environmental engineering expertise for jack-ups
Case Studies View All
A2Sea Sea Challenger Dudgeon OWF WTG Mobilisation
Longitude was contracted to undertake naval architectural and structural engineering design and analyses on A2Sea’s jack up installation vessel Sea Challenger, for transportation and installation of Siemens 6.0MW WTG components…
Osprey Substation Transportation & Load-off Analysis
Longitude were contracted by Osprey Shipping to undertake the engineering for the transportation of the offshore wind farm substation topsides from the fabrication yard to site. The first tasks were…