LONGITUDE HAS BEEN INVOLVED FROM THE EARLY STAGES OF THE RAPIDLY DEVELOPING RENEWABLES SECTOR.
Offshore Renewable Energy Engineering from Longitude
Longitude has worked with major offshore renewable energy installation contractors providing services for both cables, including transportation and installation, to offshore infrastructure engineering including the transportation and installation of substations, jackets, monopiles, transition pieces, towers, nacelles and blades racks. These services have been provided for barges, ships and jack-up installation vessels.
Optimal Offshore Engineering
Longitude recognise the increased drive for innovation and improved efficiencies in the offshore renewables industry from both technical and commercial aspects. We continue to optimise and develop our client services by selecting the relevant skills and techniques learned from the more established offshore and marine industries and applying them to this growth sector.
Experts in Green Energy Engineering
Longitude brings expert knowledge and experience to each individual client’s project from our comprehensive track record and numerous successfully completed renewables/green energy engineering projects. We also have an in-depth knowledge of the Classification Society and Marine Warranty Surveyor requirements that apply to this maturing market.
We provide our clients with the following services:
- Naval architecture services including: stability, motions, hydrodynamics, blade tip immersion, skidding and survival moorings, load outs and transportations for both cable and infrastructure installation jack-up vessels.
- Structural design, analysis and 2D drawings and 3D modelling for vessel and marine operations ranging from global FEA to local seafastenings to meet Class and MWS requirements.
- Permanent vessel conversions for cable lay / transportation including: carousel integration, back deck layouts, accommodation blocks, mooring systems and DP conversions.
- Temporary cable lay vessel mobilisations including structural services from carousel integrations through to concept deck layouts, design and seafastenings for cable handling equipment such as tensioners, diverters, chutes and shipyard support and project management to optimise the mobilisation process.
- Site specific analysis of self-elevating platforms.
- Operability studies for limiting sea state of marine operations.
- Cable lay, pull-in and seabed stability Orcaflex analyses.
Visit LOC Renewables