Longitude are actively working with suppliers and geotechnical consultancies to investigate the loads and behaviour of shared mooring foundations for floating wind arrays.
Building on existing research with single floating wind turbines the combined loads of shared foundations are being investigated-specifically the effect of a single line failure within an array.
Longitude’s Scope of Work
- Using previously generated OrcaFlex model, different patterns and layouts of wind farms can be analysed
- The total footprint of the site can be investigated as well as the number and location of foundations
- Array cable and substation locations can be considered
- Drift properties, transient and final mooring loads recorded
- Power cables can be included- specifically to investigate space and practicalities of cable layout and installation