|We are seeking a Senior Structural Engineer for our Longitude Southampton office.|
|It is expected that the successful candidate will have a strong background in the design of Marine structures. They will have experience in the following areas:|
– Design of maritime vessel structures
– Woking within Class rules
– Undertaking a range of analysis/calculation techniques from spreadsheet first principle/rule compliance checks to complex Finite Element Analysis
– Concept through to detailed design, including design for production
The candidate must have at least the following qualifications:
– A BEng/MEng in a directly related discipline.
– Be of Chartered Engineer level
– Have a strong experience in the relevant sector
In addition, the following areas of experience are desirable:
– Design with composites
– Defence structures
– Shock analysis
|Primary Duties and Responsibilities|
|Member of the Structural Design team with primary responsibility for:|
|As Senior Structural engineer:|
– To oversee the structural tasks carried out within the Southampton office, including checking and approval activities and staff mentoring and development.
– To contribute towards the development of the structural engineering function across the Longitude Group
– To work with the wider structural engineering team in the Group to ensure consistency of process and output.
– To undertake line management of junior staff as required
As a member of the Southampton Team:
– To lead projects where allocated ensuring that they are delivered to the required standard, within the prescribed timescales. This will include the securing and management of resources assigned to the project to deliver the project outputs.
– To undertake and execute structural and related discipline tasks as required as part of projects run by yourself and others.
– To undertake and execute tasks to which you are otherwise qualified as required as part of projects run by yourself and others.
|Marketing & Sales|
|Perform day-to-day client management activities with existing clients through established relationships.|
Identify and approach potential new clients in all markets.
Be designated client manager for key clients.
Support and undertake tendering activities.
Work with the Director to formulate and implement market strategies.
|Manage assigned projects in terms of safety, quality, schedule and resources. Communicate resource needs to the office manager / director to deliver assigned projects to quality, cost and schedule. Communicate directly with the customer. Undertake project planning, invoicing and cash collection activities. Manage and develop others to deliver structural capabilities across Longitude UK with defence focus. Undertake line management of junior engineers.|
|Identify own training requirements to maintain continued professional development. Identify training needs in wider team to deliver Design Engineering and Naval Architectural work effectively.|
|Secondary Duties and Responsibilities|
|To undertake consultancy work on behalf of the whole Group as required.|
To support delivery of any task as required in support of the business needs.
To be the local HSEQ point of contact for Southampton and managing HSEQ compliance for the team.
|General Duties and Responsibilities|
|To represent the interests of Longitude and AqualisBraemar LOC (the ABL Group) to the highest standards of professionalism and integrity in all business activities.|
To comply with current revisions of all internal policies, procedures, guidelines including HSE/QA system.
ABL Group is an Equal Opportunity employer.