|We are seeking a Senior Geotechnical Engineer in the Offshore Energy sector. Ideally, candidates will be experienced in advanced geotechnical analysis and the delivery of geotechnical solutions in both the oil and gas and offshore renewable energy sectors. The role will involve working on a number of projects simultaneously.|
We have an impressive current portfolio of prestigious offshore projects internationally. We need to increase our resources to meet the growing demands from our clients, which includes offshore and onshore oil & gas and renewable energy. As a result, we’re looking to grow our geotechnical team and looking for people with the drive and enthusiasm to embrace the challenge.
The successful applicant will be a geotechnical engineer with a proven track record of technical work and potential. Excellent technical skills are required relevant to our work in the energy sector.
|KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES|
|The Geotechnical Engineer will work as part of a team on engineering and consultancy assignments for a range of offshore wind farm and oil and gas projects. Duties in these projects will involve any or all of:|
· Site investigation management and supervision;
· Conceptual foundation design;
· Detailed foundation design;
· Detailed analyses (e.g. scour analysis, drivability analysis, spudcan leg penetration analysis), and
· R&D projects to position company at the technical edge.
The Engineer will be expected to:
· Assist and/or lead projects (as assigned by the Engineering Manager) to accomplish the overall delivery of optimum solutions to clients with the timeframe, costs and quality standards established;
· Prepare tenders and proposals;
· Make presentations to prospective clients marketing the capabilities of the client;
· Develop design drawings and specifications for construction projects;
· Attend regular internal meetings and external / third party meetings as required; and
· Ensure all deliverables are conducted in full compliance with approved instructions, procedures and policies.
|· A strong Civil Engineering academic background with a relevant geotechnical degree (ideally MSc or equivalent);|
· Proven experience of acting as a geotechnical engineer in a fast-moving engineering consultancy environment;
· Knowledge of the design and supervision of offshore site investigations;
· Knowledge of the design of foundations types including driven piles, monopiles, spud-cans, suctions caissons and gravity bases;
· Knowledge of cable routing studies and near-mudline geotechnical characterisation studies would be beneficial;
· Installation assessments for jetting, plough and mechanical cutters;
· Interpersonal and technical skills and the ability to develop and lead geotechnical design teams;
· Excellent communication skills and confidence to liaise with clients;
· Good commercial track record in negotiating and running successful jobs;
· Excellent report writing skills with the ability to self-check and produce accurate work;
· A flair for innovation to develop new geotechnical analysis software. Candidates will be required to develop internal software and tools in which to apply to future projects;
· Providing business development by building client relationships and pursuing potential projects;
· Preparing scopes of work, cost estimates, and schedules;
· Overseeing field exploration programs and laboratory testing;
· Working knowledge of engineering principles and practices; and
· Ability to select and apply standard guides, methods, and techniques.
|· Microsoft Office;|
· Proficiency in Visual Basic and Matlab;
· GRL WEAP;
· Allpile or Lpile;
· Oasys Alp; and
· Finite Element Analysis
|BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES, COMPETENCIES AND BEHAVIOURAL TRAITS|
|· Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team including engineers, contract managers or QHSE personnel.|
· Ability to work under own initiative with a minimum level of supervision and be a self-starter.
· Ability to work in an offshore environment on an occasional basis.
· Attention to detail and high level of numerical accuracy and the ability to prioritise work.
· Ability to work in a structured and organised way
· High level of proficiency in English language
To apply, please email your CV with a cover letter to email@example.com.
Longitude Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer.