We are seeking a Naval Architect for our Longitude Southampton office.
|It is expected that the successful candidate will have a strong background in the design of Marine vessels. They will have experience in the following areas:|
– Design of maritime vessels
– Woking within Class and statutory rules
– Undertaking a range of analysis/calculation techniques from spreadsheet first principle/rule compliance checks to complex Analysis
– Concept through to detailed design
– Vessel stability
The candidate must have at least the following qualifications:
– A BEng/MEng in a directly related discipline
– Be of Chartered Engineer level
– Have some experience in the relevant sector
In addition, the following areas of experience are desirable, but not a firm requirement:
– Structural design
– Design with composites
– Defence experience
|Primary Duties and Responsibilities|
|Member of the Naval Architectural team with primary responsibility for:|
|As a Naval Architect:|
– To undertake Naval Architectural tasks as required on projects from across the group.
– To work with the wider Naval Architecture team in the Group to ensure consistency of process and output.
As a member of the Southampton Team:
– To lead projects, where allocated, ensuring that they are delivered to the required standard, within the prescribed timescales. This will include the securing and management of resources assigned to the project to deliver the project outputs.
– To undertake and execute Naval Architectural and related discipline tasks as required as part of projects run by yourself and others.
– To undertake and execute tasks to which you are otherwise qualified as required as part of projects run by yourself and others.
|Marketing & Sales|
|Perform day-to-day client management activities with existing clients through established relationships.|
Support and undertake tendering activities.
|Manage assigned projects in terms of safety, quality, schedule and resources. Communicate directly with the customer. Undertake project planning, invoicing and cash collection activities.|
|Identify own training requirements to maintain continued professional development.|
|Secondary Duties and Responsibilities|
|To undertake consultancy work on behalf of the whole Group as required.|
To support delivery of any task as required in support of the business needs.
|General Duties and Responsibilities|
|To represent the interests of Longitude and AqualisBraemar LOC (the ABL Group) to the highest standards of professionalism and integrity in all business activities.|
To comply with current revisions of all internal policies, procedures, guidelines including HSE/QA system.
ABL Group is an Equal Opportunity employer.