Comprehensive engineering and design support for the small craft market.
Small Craft Engineering & Design
We have significant experience in small vessel design, ownership, operations and technical support across defence, commercial and search-and-rescue markets.
Longitude provides clients with small craft design, naval architecture, structural engineering, and comprehensive technical support services.
Our naval architecture and support capabilities include:
- Specialist design of vessels up to 45m in length
- Hullform and tank testing
- Performance prediction
- Concept and detailed design
- Marine engineering
- System design
- Structural design and analysis
- Regulatory compliance
- Human factors
- Production support
Small Craft Procurement
Longitude has extensive experience with the procurement of small craft from the perspectives of both owners and potential suppliers
- In support of vessel owners this includes a craft requirements definition; specification writing; bid evaluation; yard selection; build supervision; trials and acceptance
- In support of vessel suppliers this includes bid submission writing; product development; technical contract negotiations; and support with contract delivery
Longitude has developed concepts and detailed designs of small craft such as the following:
- Wind farm support vessels (with a particular focus on daughter boat operations and turbine interactions)
- Passenger vessels
- Inshore and offshore rescue boats
- Work boats
- Special forces’ rigid inflatable boats
- Patrol boats
- High speed interceptor craft
- Riverine craft and bespoke craft to meet specific roles
From wind farm vessel design to custom military small craft architecture, a diverse range of clients benefit from our team’s extensive experience in these segments – making us one of the most effective small ship design companies in the world.
Trust Longitude to deliver the small ship design and support services your organisation needs to succeed.
Contact us to discuss your requirements.